Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Frozen Fortune

Hey everyone, Maximoney here. After a few suggestions from readers and friends I am going to diversify the blog a little bit and try to do one post a week about pure money making strategies you can take to the bank as well as a post documenting my trekk to the gold cap thus far with what I have learned and beginner tips.
So today I'll be telling you about a flip of sorts that has brought me a substantial amount of gold in a short period of time and I predict will continue to bring me gold especially in MoP.
Frozen Orbs are a crafting material from the Wrath of the Lich King expac. They drop out of any Heroic WotLk dungeon, off the final boss and are BoE. I can generally find these on my server's AH for 15-25 gold (when they're reasonable and when I buy) although they can peak around 50g due to the very limited supply. So why would you ever want to invest in these? To craft Wotlk items for resale? Nope that would be a horrible idea, that's why they're so cheap. The average WoW player who gets one doesn't know that there is another use for these. Currency, that's what we're going to do with them. In Dalaran there is a frozen orb vendor Frozo the Renowned (Located in the Magus Commerce Exchange area) who you can trade orbs to for various crafting materials. With the orb we can buy a number of things including Crusader orbs, Runed orbs, all varieties of Eternals, and a few Herbs. We're going to focus on Eternals.
Go check the Eternal market on your server the see what the most expensive Eternals are. On my server the most expensive and most popular among customers are Eternal Fire and Eternal Earth. People need these to craft items that will allow them to level professions and for Wotlk item enhancements that are still best in slot in Cata (way to go blizzard). I know I have used Eternal Earths on many occasions for enchanting scrolls that still sell on par with Cata level ones. So buy Frozen Orbs in any amount you can, buy the preferred Eternal for your server and sell sell sell. I see on average a 200-400% profit from the investment as the Eternals sell for 50-80g on my home server.
So a quick recap
- Check frozen orb prices against Eternals
- Don't craft anything with the orbs use them as currency its the most efficient use of the item
- This is a very un-exploited market so don't go around Yelling in stormwind that your doing it or it will quickly become a competitor heavy market when people realize it is well worth it.
- To keep the price down if you see that there is a decent amount on the AH and you have a hunch that more people will be posting these then leave a few of the lower priced ones on the AH so you can continue to buy low.
Now go out and make some munay! And remember to have fun after all that is what WoW is all about.
-Maximoney
Comment, follow, message me, help me grow as a blogger! Thanks!

Frozo the Renowned

No comments:

Post a Comment